My grandmother always told me that the secret to healthy and radiant skin always lies with mother nature. It is mother nature who knows best. Somewhere as we grow up we tend to forget their wise words. Something similar happened to me too. My life became hectic as I grew up. The time for home care for my skin and hair decreased further. I started trying to replicate the goodness I got from natural products with chemical products. How wrong was I. I started to lose hope until I discovered hemp oil.
Derived from the seeds of Cannabis sativa plant. This plant is of the marijuana family, but it does not contain any of the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) or the cannabinoids which are found in cannabidiol (CBD) oils. Hemp oil is perfectly natural and safe to be taken orally or applied.
What does Hemp Oil contain?
The primary component of hemp oils is linoleic acid and oleic acid. It has a very well balanced Omega 3 and Omega 6 balance. It has also 20 amino acids which are needed for healthy skin and hair. It is also one of those few oils which have all 9 essential amino acids. This oil is rich in antioxidants and has a high ratio of minerals and vitamins like Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Iron, Potassium.
How to use hemp oil?
It is extremely safe to consume. Hemp Oil is best consumed on an empty stomach and raw. The nutty and earthy and umami flavour makes it great for dressings etc.
While I am not that adventurous with my food, I did buy hemp oil from IndianHempOrganic to use on my skin.
The oil can be used as a hair massage oil or can be used as a carrier or essential oil for the skin.
It can also be used as a face cleanser.
Of all the oils, why did I choose hemp oil?
While we all know the importance of Omega fatty 3 and 6 acids, we really don’t get products that are highly rich in them. Hemp oil is one such natural oil.
The benefits of Hemp oil is-
- It has a well balanced and ideal amount of fatty acids and amino acids. Hemp oil also has GLA which helps regulate hormones. Thus, hemp oil is extremely beneficial to alleviate and reduce premenstrual syndrome in women.
- When ingested orally, it helps regulate the digestive juices. It also helps in releasing hormones that promote digestive health in the body and regulates digestion.
- Hemp oil is rich in lipids. These lipids hold a lot of moisture in them. Thus, hemp oil is an excellent source of moisture for the scalp. Hemp oil is also antibacterial in nature, strengthening the root of the hair and aiding the growth.
- Most cosmetic companies try and create linoleic and oleic acid in a lab. They can never replicate the real ones. Hemp oil helps reduce ageing and fights all signs of ageing and thin lines etc.
- It has extremely high anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that help in fighting common skin infections and conditions like eczema, rashes and acne.
My experience with hemp oil
I bought myself a hemp oil for Indian Hemp Organic for my skin. Initially, I was very sceptical as to how my skin would respond to it. I did a patch test of the Indian Hemp Organic Hemp Oil. It didn’t cause any issues. Then I started using a few drops of it on my face as a part of my skincare routine.
Gradually, with time I started feeling a marked difference. First I saw a decrease in my acne breakout. Even the slightest stress or eating out would cause breakouts on my face. After I started using hemp oil my acne fears reduced.
Any changes in weather used to cause redness, itchiness, scaly patches. That started reducing. It used to only get better with medicines.
My sensitive skin has got a new boon of life. Indian Hemp Organics have cold-pressed oil, which has been pressed by steel. It is free of any impurity, adulteration and any additive in colour. The purity is unlike any other oil that I have seen.
If one were to ask me, I’d say this non-GMO, organically grown, cold-pressed hemp oil is the end of any skin woes.
So based on my experience, I would ask you to go back to your roots. Go natural. Use natural. Our grandmothers weren’t wrong.
You can Buy the CBD oil from CannaBliss Welness